(updated June 19, 2020)
Dear Church Family,
We are grateful that we have been able to begin the process of reopening the church. So far things have gone well. We have deeply missed everyone, and we have really enjoyed worshiping together again. Following the State of Tennessee phased approach, we are still in a limited capacity, and here is some important information as we continue to go forward.
1. We will continue to follow the CDC, the Tennessee government, and the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference COVID-19 guidelines.
2. We recommend anyone over the age of 65 or with those who have pre-existing health conditions to remain home. Also, if you feel uncomfortable to get out at this time, we completely understand and support your decision.
3. We will be practicing social distancing. Families are encouraged to sit together while we keep 6 feet apart. This will certainly be the most difficult part for all of us since we have such close friendships with each other.
4. We are wanting to begin our children’s services and Sabbath Schools as soon as possible. We are evaluating our options while we await Governor Lee’s update regarding children’s programs, and we will keep you posted as soon as we have more information available.
5. We encourage you to wear a mask and to frequently wash your hands while you are at church.
6. Our fellowship meals will begin at a later time.
7. We encourage you to please stay home if you have been recently ill, been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have traveled internationally or to a domestic COVID-19 hotspot.
8. We will continue to share our worship services online.
The health and safety of our congregation, your families, and our community is extremely important to us. We appreciate your help and support in following these guidelines. While these are the updates for our worship services, we also have some exciting announcements.
A drop-in wedding shower celebrating the marriage of Michael and Nathaly Kimbley will be held in the Ridgetop Adventist Elementary School gym on Sunday, June 21 from 8:30-10:30 am. Gift cards or contributions to their rainy-day fund would be welcomed. You are warmly invited to come and congratulate this happy couple!
RAES is planning to have open the school year on-campus in August. Additional information about the upcoming school year can be found in the attached letter from the school. Please keep our educational ministry, the teachers, the students and their families in your prayers.
A new Sabbath School quarter will be starting in July, and the new adult lesson studies will be available at church. If you feel uncomfortable getting out and need help getting one, please reach out to Teresa Johnston at (615)-642-3286. We will be glad to help you.
Our social committee is working on some events for the summer. Please stay tuned for more information.
Our new church newsletter was just finished, and it will be available soon.
We will continue to keep you informed of any information as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please let one of the elders or me know. We are still here to serve you, and you are in our prayers.
Let us not forget His promise:
“Fear not, for I am with
you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will
uphold you with My righteous right hand”